It appears that we’re not out of the woods just yet. However, apart from the CPI number released last week, a lot of the economic data seems to be pretty strong. For everyone assured that we’re heading into a recession, what makes you so sure?
Here’s what I’ve been reading this morning:
- In this week’s podcast, Tom and Casey discuss how the current economic data is telling two stories. The guys draw on historical examples to show how the economic levers the Fed is pulling take time to trickle through the economy.
- It’s no surprise that college costs have been rising for years. And while the 529 plan has become more and more popular, it MAY be a surprise to some that there are TWO types of 529 plans to choose from.
- It’s been a rough first half of 2022. Just how rough? Michael shares some numbers detailing just how rough things are out there for investors right now. And according to Michael, two things happen when prices fall like this. Click the link to find out.
- Ben has a theory that markets are moving faster than ever before, and logically it makes sense. Information flies around 24/7, 365, and the evidence can be seen in the housing market. It’s been a not normal market for a while now, but what does a “normal” market look like?
- Every time Ben includes his sector quilt, I have to include it in the Top Links! It’s a pretty basic, but very useful infographic that helps give a picture of what sectors have outperformed and underperformed in any given year.